South Shore Waldorf School Annual Giving Campaign


The SSWS Annual Giving Campaign is critical in helping our school meet its fundraising goals. The monies raised through the campaign go directly to our operating budget, helping to pay faculty and staff and supporting important programs such as tuition assistance.

Waldorf education makes a positive difference in the lives of children and through them brings social renewal to the world. It offers an academically rigorous curriculum enriched with arts, music, handwork, languages, and movement. It provides a screen-free environment in which childhood is protected and helps children develop into well-rounded individuals. Children learn how to think rather than what to think, enabling them to meet the challenges that the future will bring them as individuals and our world as a whole.

This year our Annual Giving Campaign runs from December 12, 2017 until February 15, 2018. Our goal is to raise a minimum of $25,000 with 100% participation of our community. We will be donating 5% of the money we raise through our Annual Giving Campaign to a Waldorf-inspired school in Madagascar called the Madagascar School Project (

Please join with us in supporting the goals of Waldorf education and our school by donating to our Annual Giving Campaign.

How do I Make a Donation?
You can make your pledge by:
– completing and mailing the downloadable pledge form
click here to download the form
– donating online through Canada Helps
click here to donate online

Why is the Giving Campaign necessary?
Because we are an independent school we do not receive government funding. Tuition covers only a portion of the cost of educating a student; our Annual Giving Campaign helps us make up the difference between the actual cost of educating each student and the tuition charged. Tuition fees currently meet approximately 80% of the cost of operating our school. Fundraising and donations cover the remaining 20% (roughly $70,000). The Annual Giving Campaign is critical to helping us raise the additional funds required.

Why not raise tuition?
No independent school could charge the full cost of educating its students without making the cost of tuition prohibitive for all but the wealthiest parents. Hence every independent school has an annual giving appeal. One of the guiding principles at the South Shore Waldorf School is to make Waldorf education accessible to all who want it for their children. This is why it is important for us to keep our tuition as low as possible. All donations over $20 will receive a donation receipt.

Who supports the Annual Giving Campaign?
Every segment of the school community supports the Annual Campaign. Contributions come from board members, parents, grandparents & friends, alumni/ae parents, faculty, staff, and supporters of Waldorf education.

How much should I give?
Whatever you are able to give. Regardless of the size of the donation, your participation in the Annual Giving Campaign demonstrates your support of the South Shore Waldorf School’s core values and mission. Every gift, no matter the amount, is received with gratitude and appreciation.

Donate Now Through!